Secondary cooling zone
Secondary cooling zone is designed for billet cooling with its subsequent crystallization. Thematic example of technology influence on design and CCM efficiency is implementation of secondary water-and-air cooling of ingot. System design of water-and-air cooling provides:
- casting of steel grades broad range;
- soft and at the same time high-intensity cooling of ingot surface;
- reliability and consistency of operation of secondary cooling zone collectors and nozzles;
- rise of billets yield ratio;
- significant reduction of water consumption.